There are a number of steps in the website creation process.
From gathering initial client information, planning your website, building your website, implementation including adding and optimising content, making your new website visible to Google and other search engines and finally managing the maintenance of your site to keep it up to date and current.
The exact process may vary between projects but it is basically the same as the steps below.
This step is the most important. We will request a meeting with you to discuss your requirements and expectations of your new website. We will need to know;
- why you want a website;
- what you hope a website will achieve for you;
- who you would like to target with your website;
- whether you will require regular updates of products and services;
- will you need your website to rank high on search engines etc.
- if you have an existing domain name and web hosting service;
- if you have any required content such as logos, images, written text, attachments etc..
- are you going to maintain the new website or do you want us to do this for you;
- your approximate budget;
After our meeting, we will consider your requirements and provide you with quotation.
If you would like to proceed with your new website:
- then send us an email to approve the quotation;
- we will send you an invoice for a deposit;
- when we receive the deposit, we will then begin planning your project and provide you with an estimated date of completion.
- we will also need any project material such as logos, images, written content;
- if you already have a domain name and web hosting, we will need any details;
- if you don’t have a domain name or web hosting package, we will purchase these for you;
- carry out required research;
At this stage, we will build a temporary website on our server:
- to test it and make sure everything works ok;
- produce any graphic design and or photographic work that you need;
- work out any changes you may want;
- for your initial review and approval;
After your initial review and approval we:
- build your website;
- load the content;
- during this phase, your in-progress website will be available to you for viewing so you can request any changes if required. Minor changes at this point are ok, large changes may incur an additional charge depending on your requirements. If you think you may want some changes, then the earlier you tell us, the lower any possible additional charge will be. We are not too mean, it doesn’t cost anything to ask.
- ask for your final review and approval;
When you are satisfied with your new website we will:
- set up your website accounts;
- build your website on your domain and hosting service;
- apply search engine optimisation and marketing strategies;
- launch your new website;
- provide any necessary training;
- send you a final invoice;
Once your new website is on-line, you will need to decide:
- whether you want us to maintain your website. This involves regular code updates;
- if you are using a blog, do you want us to do this for you;
- any content updates that you may require;