Don’t you just hate those web sites that are full of advertisements, awful colours and combinations, boxes everywhere, well if you want a website like that, we will work very hard to talk you out of it.
We love producing nice clean and uncluttered websites, small business professional web designs like the one here for Hobart Celebrant, Leanne Orr.
For a small business website design, the business is after all promoting their products and services so why not make it not only look professional and clean but rank well within the various search engines and our sites do rank well with most on page one within weeks of completion. What more can you ask.
We use WordPress, arguably the best Content Management System (CMS) on the planet, Google loves WordPress, and professional nice clean looking and efficient themes and templates. We modify the themes to our customer requirements and you can see a few examples on this site. We are still working on this website as it only went live several weeks ago and will be updating it with some of our work soon.
So what are some of the Dont’s, here are some of mine:
- Keep the look simple, the KISS principle works well with websites too.
- Don’t use too many colours, look at the Apple websites, they look really cool and do work.
- Only advertise your own products and services. I know you can make some money with advertisments by others but if you don’t have to then don’t.
- Choose a pleasing colour scheme with a simple layout. Complex layouts and menus will cause visitors to move on. All items on your site should be within 3 clicks at the most.
- Don’t fill your website with rubbish content. Keep all content professional, simple and easy to read. Stay away from big words.
- Make all your content relevant to your products and services.
- And I have said this before, don’t use Flash or at least use it sparingly. Here you can find some reasons not to use Flash.
We can help and will advise you with our thoughts on content so the most important don’t of all is don’t be afraid to ask.